New York City, Singapore and London top the list of global cities rent price growth in 2022 According to international property consultant Knight Frank, prime residential rents continue to rise but the rate of growth is slowing. Across ten global cities luxury rents increased 10.2% on average in the 12 months to Q3 2022, down…
According to a new report from the American Institute of Architects, demand for design services from architecture firms continued to decrease in November 2022. The pace of decline during November accelerated from October, posting an Architecture Billings Index (ABI) score of 46.6 from 47.7 (any score below 50 indicates a decline in firm billings). The…
Luxury sales sink 38% in November, biggest decline on Record According to national property broker Redfin, sales of luxury U.S. homes fell 38.1% year over year during the three months ending November 2022, the biggest decline on record. That outpaced the record 31.4% decline in sales of non-luxury homes. Redfin’s data goes back to 2012.…
Disclaimer: This post is meant to be used for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or financial advice. Links and mentions of Delray Beach area “we buy houses” companies do not constitute an endorsement. Individual program details can also frequently change — please visit a company’s website for the most up-to-date information on…
Disclaimer: This post is meant to be used for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or financial advice. Links and mentions of Phoenix area “we buy houses” companies should not be considered an endorsement. Individual program details frequently change — please visit a company’s website for the most up-to-date information on each program’s…
DISCLAIMER: As a friendly reminder, this blog post is meant to be used for educational purposes, not financial advice. If you need assistance navigating the question, “Should I buy a house now or wait?” HomeLight always encourages you to reach out to your own advisor. To buy or wait to buy? That is the question…
There have never been as many options to sell a home as there are today. In any major city, advertisements for instant cash offers abound on billboards, as you scroll through social media, and even stapled to telephone poles on street corners. According to the National Association of Realtors®, Cash sales rose from 16% in…
Timing is critical in all things, but it can be especially challenging when it comes to real estate. Deciding whether to sell your home before buying a new one is a difficult decision. It could land you in temporary housing if you haven’t found a house to buy. That means two moves, which is nobody’s…
Imagine buying or selling a house using a top real estate agent who soothes the pain and hassle of real estate transactions, and saves you time and money throughout the process. With HomeLight, you can get matched with a data-backed top performing agent in minutes, plus take advantage of other user-friendly services that can make…
Making the decision to sell a house is hard enough, but knowing if now is the time to list it is a whole other level of calculus. Though the market has cooled considerably in recent months following a sizzling hot streak, home prices remain relatively high. However, there has been talk of a possible recession…
Your house was perfect for you and your family when you bought it — years ago. But you’ve all grown, and now it’s time to find something that’s a better fit. Unfortunately (because this experience usually isn’t fun!), this has you wondering how to buy a house while selling your own. Buying or selling a…
According to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s latest Weekly Mortgage Applications Survey for the week ending October 14, 2022, U.S. mortgage applications decreased 4.5 percent from one week earlier. The Market Composite Index, a measure of mortgage loan application volume, decreased 4.5 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier. On an unadjusted basis,…
Looking to sell a house in California? Fear of the unknown can cause sellers high-level anxiety, especially in a shifting housing market. Selling a house in California can be difficult. This is why knowing what to expect can help you make a comprehensive plan and push forward with confidence toward selling your home in California.…
Disclaimer: Links and mentions of retirement communities in this post do not constitute an endorsement. Price ranges, services, and amenities can change — please visit a community’s website for the most up-to-date information. HomeLight always recommends doing your own research to determine which community destination is best for your situation. Retirement is an intimately personal…
DISCLAIMER: As a friendly reminder, this blog post is meant to be used for educational purposes only, not legal advice. If you need assistance navigating the legalities of what to disclose when selling a home in Texas or using a seller’s disclosure form in Texas, HomeLight always encourages you to reach out to your own…
DISCLAIMER: As a friendly reminder, this blog post is meant to be used for educational purposes only, not legal advice. If you need assistance navigating the legalities of what to include on the Georgia seller’s disclosure form, HomeLight always encourages you to reach out to your own advisor. If you’re about to sell or buy…
Disclaimer: Links and mentions of North Carolina 55+ communities in this post do not constitute an endorsement. Price ranges, services, and amenities can change — please visit a community’s website for the most up-to-date information. HomeLight always recommends doing your own research to determine which community destination is best for your situation. Deciding where to…
Whether you’ve just retired or you’re thinking about retirement, you may be considering your options and trying to picture a whole new stage of your life.
- If you’re buying a home, here’s what you should know about your home inspection and why it’s so important.
- A home inspection is a crucial step in the homebuying process. It assesses the condition of the home you plan to purchase so you can avoid costly surprises down the road.
- Work with an agent so you have an expert on your side who can guide you through the process.
If you’re thinking about selling your house, you may have heard about the housing market slowing down in recent months.
If rising home prices leave you wondering if it makes more sense to rent or buy a home in today’s housing market, consider this.
- The housing market is shifting away from the intensity of the past two years. Here’s what experts project for the remainder of 2022.
- Home prices are forecast to rise more moderately than last year. Mortgage rates will respond to inflation, and home sales will be more in line with pre-pandemic years.
- Connect with a local real estate professional so you can make your best move this year.
When the pandemic hit in 2020, many experts thought the housing market would crash.
Over the past few weeks, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate from Freddie Mac fell by half a percent.
The housing market is at a turning point, and if you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, that may leave you wondering: is it still a good time to buy a home?
- It’s worth considering the many benefits of homeownership before you make the decision to rent or buy a home.
- When you buy, you can stabilize your housing costs, own a tangible asset, and grow your net worth as you gain equity. When you rent, you face rising housing costs, won’t see a return on your investment, and limit your ability to save.
- If you want to learn more about the benefits of homeownership, reach out to a real estate professional today.
According to a recent survey, more and more Americans are concerned about a possible recession.
- According to the latest data from CoreLogic, the average homeowner gained $64,000 in home equity over the past 12 months.
- That much equity can be a game-changer when you move. When you sell, it could be some (if not all) of what you need for a down payment on your next home.
- To find out how much equity you have in your home and how you can use it, reach out to a local real estate professional.
If you’re looking to buy your first home, you’re likely balancing several factors.
- June is National Homeownership Month, and it’s a great time to consider the benefits of owning your own home.
- If you’re considering homeownership, know that it can give you privacy, comfort, and a place to express yourself. It can also provide financial stability and help you grow your net worth.
- Are you ready to experience all the great benefits that come from purchasing a home? Contact a local real estate professional to begin the process today.
Americans’ opinion on the value of real estate as an investment is climbing.
Many people are wondering: will home prices fall this year?
While you may have seen recent stories about the volume of foreclosures today, context is important.
- If you’re deciding whether you should make updates before you sell your house, lean on your trusted real estate advisor to be your guide.
- In today’s sellers’ market, buyers have limited options and may be more willing to take on repairs themselves.
- If you’re thinking about selling your house, connect with a real estate professional so you have expert advice that’s customized to your home and local area.
In today’s housing market, homeowners have a great opportunity to sell their house and receive the best terms for their personal situation.
Based on the Primary Mortgage Market Survey from Freddie Mac, the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage has increased by 1.2% (3.22% to 4.42%) since January of this year.
If you’re a first-time buyer looking to break into the housing market but struggling to find a home to buy, condominiums (or condos) could be a great alternative for you.
- Due to low supply and high demand, today is one of the strongest sellers’ markets we’ve seen.
- Sellers can benefit from more offers to pick from, higher home values, and a faster sales process. There’s a reason why 72% of people believe it’s a good time to sell.
- Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. Work with an agent to take advantage of this hot sellers’ market.
Since the number of homes for sale is low today, it can feel challenging to find one that checks all your boxes.
Having an experienced guide coaching you through the process of buying or selling a home is important in a normal market – but today’s market is far from normal.
For many homebuyers, the thought of saving for a down payment can feel daunting, especially in today’s market.
- Today’s housing market is the direct result of low supply and high buyer demand. Here’s what that means for you and your plans to buy or sell.
- For buyers, expect competition, be ready to move fast, and be prepared to submit your strongest offer. For sellers, know your house will be the center of attention and that it’ll likely sell quickly and get multiple offers.
- If you’re ready to move, work with a trusted real agent to understand your local area and take advantage of today’s unprecedented housing market.
Selling your house is no simple task.
- It’s no secret that we love our furry friends – about 70% of U.S. households have pets. What may come as a surprise is how large a role they play in the homebuying process.
- Americans spend $1,163 a year on their pets, and nearly half of pet owners say they would move for better accommodations and amenities for their pets.
- If you’re thinking of adding a furry friend, or if you already have, connect with your trusted real estate advisor to discuss how you can find a home that meets all your pet’s needs.
The post A Happy Tail: Pets and the Homebuying Process [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
From the opportunity to take advantage of today’s low mortgage rates to changing homeowner needs, Americans have more motivation than ever to buy a home.
The post If You Think the Housing Market Will Slow This Winter, Think Again. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re thinking of buying a home in today’s housing market, you may be wondering how strong your investment will be.
The post What Everyone Wants To Know: Will Home Prices Decline in 2022? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over, which means some shoppers have wrapped up their holiday buying.
The post Homebuyers Are Going on a Shopping Spree This Winter appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Are you thinking about selling your house right now, but you’re not sure you’ll have the time to do so as the holidays draw near?
The post Sellers: You’ll Likely Get Multiple Strong Offers This Season appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The past year and a half brought about significant life changes for many of us.
The post Retirement May Be Changing What You Need in a Home appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Like most industries, residential real estate has a seasonality to it.
The post Home Sales About To Surge? We May See a Winter Like Never Before. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Heading into the end of the year, you might wonder if it’s still a good time to sell your house. Here’s what the latest data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) says.
- Housing supply is lower than last year, and home prices are up nationwide. Meanwhile, the average home is selling fast and receiving several offers. Listing now puts your house in the spotlight, meaning it could sell quickly – and for more than you’d expect.
- Feeling motivated? If you’re ready to sell and capitalize on today’s market, partner with a local real estate professional.
The post Numbers Don’t Lie – It’s Still a Great Time To Sell [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
With the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate from Freddie Mac climbing above 3%, rising rates are one of the topics dominating the discussion in the housing market today.
The post Two Graphs That Show Why You Shouldn’t Be Upset About 3% Mortgage Rates appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The purpose of Veterans Affairs (VA) home loans is to provide a pathway to homeownership for those who have sacrificed so much by serving our nation.
The post VA Loans: Helping Veterans Achieve Their Homeownership Dreams appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Sellers have a great opportunity this season as buyer demand still heavily outweighs the current supply of homes for sale.
The post Sellers: Your House Could Be an Oasis for Buyers Seeking More Options appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
While today’s supply of homes for sale is still low, the number of newly built homes is increasing.
The post Looking To Move? It Could Be Time To Build Your Dream Home. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
It’s impossible to research the subject of buying a home without coming across a headline declaring that the fall in home affordability is a crisis.
The post Important Distinction: Homes Are Less Affordable, Not Unaffordable appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- If you’re a homeowner, today’s rising equity is great news. On average, homeowners have gained $51,500 in equity since this time last year.
- Whether it’s funding an education, fueling your next move, or starting a business, your home equity is a great tool you can use to power your dreams.
- Ready to sell? Reach out to a local real estate professional to talk about how you can take advantage of your rising equity to reach your goals.
- Today’s strong sellers’ market is the direct result of high demand and low supply.
- Low mortgage rates and generational trends have created an increased demand for homes. Meanwhile, the slower pace of new home construction and homeowners staying in their homes longer have both led to today’s low supply.
- If you’re thinking of selling, work with a trusted agent to understand your local area and how you can take advantage of today’s housing market.
The post What’s Causing Today’s Competitive Real Estate Market? [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
A recent survey from LendingTree.com found there are multiple reasons why Americans would choose to purchase a home instead of renting.
The post Experts Agree: Homeownership Provides a Path to Long-Term Wealth appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Today’s housing market is truly one for the record books.
The post Don’t Wait for a Lower Mortgage Rate – It Could Cost You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- In today’s sellers’ market, you’re set up to win big when you list your house.
- That’s because homes are selling fast, receiving 4.4 offers on average and often selling above the asking price. Then, when you buy your next home, you’ll also win by addressing your changing needs and taking advantage of near historic-low mortgage rates.
- If you’re ready to make a move, connect with a real estate advisor to capitalize on today’s market and find your next dream home.
When you hear the phrase home price appreciation, what does it mean to you?
The post A Look at Home Price Appreciation and What It Means for Sellers appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
One of the major questions real estate experts are asking today is whether prospective homebuyers still believe purchasing a home makes sense.
The post Real Estate: It’s Still a Lack of Supply, Not a Lack of Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re thinking of buying a home, there really is no time like the present.
The post Home Builders Ramp Up Construction Based on Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Our homes are so much more than the houses we live in.
The post 6 Reasons to Celebrate National Homeownership Month appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Are you clamoring for extra rooms or a more functional floorplan in your house?
The post Dreaming of a Bigger Home? Why Not Buy It This Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- June is National Homeownership Month, and it’s a great time to consider the benefits of owning your own home.
- If you’re thinking of buying a home, it might just help you find the stability, community, and comfort you’ve been searching for over the past year.
- Reach out to a local real estate professional today to determine if homeownership is the right next step for you.
- If you’re thinking that waiting a year or two to purchase a home might mean you’ll save some money, think again.
- Mortgage interest rates are currently very low, but experts across the board are forecasting increases in both home prices and interest rates.
- 8Buying a home now means you’ll spend less in the long run. Contact a local real estate professional to put your plans in motion before home prices and mortgage rates climb even higher.
Homeownership is a foundational part of the American Dream.
The post Americans Find the Nonfinancial Benefits of Homeownership Most Valuable appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
So far this year, mortgage rates continue to hover around 3%, encouraging many hopeful homebuyers to enter the housing market.
The post Are Interest Rates Expected to Rise Over the Next Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Many people are sitting on the fence trying to decide if now’s the time to buy a home.
The post Why Waiting to Buy a Home Could Cost You a Small Fortune appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Today, some are afraid the real estate market is starting to look a lot like it did in 2006, just prior to the housing crash.
The post There’s No Reason To Panic Over Today’s Lending Standards appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re planning to buy a home this year, saving for a down payment is one of the most important steps in the process.
The post Your Tax Refund and Stimulus Savings May Help You Achieve Homeownership This Year appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
In a sellers’ market, some homeowners might be tempted to try to sell their house on their own (known as For Sale By Owner, or FSBO) instead of working with a trusted real estate professional.
The post Don’t Sell on Your Own Just Because It’s a Sellers’ Market appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Last Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a very encouraging jobs report.
The post Latest Jobs Report: What Does It Mean for You & the Housing Market? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Selling a home in winter is often a slow process. Since many home buyers traditionally hunker down as the temperature drops, particularly during the holidays, home sellers with real estate on the market typically see fewer buyers and lower offers. That’s your typical winter, but this winter is shaping up to be a whole different reality, even…
Home trends come and go, but social distancing and staying at home have ushered in a new way of life—and some of those changes have spurred home trends that are likely to stick around well past the COVID-19 era. “The idea of what is necessary is changing,” says Camille Thomas, a real estate matchmaker and lifestyle expert in…
Why Working from Home May Spark Your Next Move If you’ve been working from home this year, chances are you’ve been at it a little longer than you initially expected. Businesses all over the country have figured out how to operate remotely to keep their employees healthy, safe, and productive. For many, it may be carrying into…
Homeownership is on the goal list for many young adults, but sometimes it’s hard to know exactly how to get there. From understanding the homebuying process to pre-approval and down payment assistance options, uncertainty along the way can ultimately hold some buyers back. Today, there are over 75 million Millennials and 67 million Gen Z’ers in the…
In a year when we’re learning to do so much remotely, homebuying is no exception. From going to work to attending school, grocery shopping, and even seeing our doctors online, digital practices have changed the way we live. This year, rather than delaying their home purchases, buyers – alongside their trusted real estate professionals –…
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, yet finding the perfect holiday gifts for friends and family is certainly still top of mind for many right now. This year, there’s another type of buyer that’s very active this holiday season – the homebuyer. Each month, ShowingTime releases their Showing Index which tracks the average number of appointments received on…
Experts project an optimistic year for the 2021 housing market. With mortgage rates forecasted to remain low, high buyer demand is expected to fuel more home sales and continue to increase home prices. Let’s connect today to determine how to make your best move in the new year.
Sam Khater spends his day ensuring that Freddie Mac’s economics and research team delivers valuable insights and analysis on economic trends and policy issues affecting Freddie Mac and the housing market. With over 20 years’ experience in housing and economics, Khater brings extensive housing finance research and expertise to his role to Freddie Mac, which…
When you’re house hunting, the allure of new construction is undeniable. You get to be the first to live in the pristine home—one untouched by grimy hands or muddy shoes. It’s full of brand-new appliances and the finishes and treatments that you picked to fit your aesthetic. And you won’t have to worry about making any cosmetic…
With questionable headlines in the mass media and many recent price reductions in our area, we would like to share with you seven reasons why you can feel confident in today’s market: Prices are slowly increasing. Year-over-year prices in March 2018 were at a 17.6% increase, while September 2018 saw an increase of 11.3% over…