Once you’ve found your dream home and applied for a mortgage, there are some key things to keep in mind before you close.
Selling your house is no simple task.
- It’s no secret that we love our furry friends – about 70% of U.S. households have pets. What may come as a surprise is how large a role they play in the homebuying process.
- Americans spend $1,163 a year on their pets, and nearly half of pet owners say they would move for better accommodations and amenities for their pets.
- If you’re thinking of adding a furry friend, or if you already have, connect with your trusted real estate advisor to discuss how you can find a home that meets all your pet’s needs.
The post A Happy Tail: Pets and the Homebuying Process [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
From the opportunity to take advantage of today’s low mortgage rates to changing homeowner needs, Americans have more motivation than ever to buy a home.
The post If You Think the Housing Market Will Slow This Winter, Think Again. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re thinking of buying a home in today’s housing market, you may be wondering how strong your investment will be.
The post What Everyone Wants To Know: Will Home Prices Decline in 2022? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over, which means some shoppers have wrapped up their holiday buying.
The post Homebuyers Are Going on a Shopping Spree This Winter appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Are you thinking about selling your house right now, but you’re not sure you’ll have the time to do so as the holidays draw near?
The post Sellers: You’ll Likely Get Multiple Strong Offers This Season appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The past year and a half brought about significant life changes for many of us.
The post Retirement May Be Changing What You Need in a Home appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Like most industries, residential real estate has a seasonality to it.
The post Home Sales About To Surge? We May See a Winter Like Never Before. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Heading into the end of the year, you might wonder if it’s still a good time to sell your house. Here’s what the latest data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) says.
- Housing supply is lower than last year, and home prices are up nationwide. Meanwhile, the average home is selling fast and receiving several offers. Listing now puts your house in the spotlight, meaning it could sell quickly – and for more than you’d expect.
- Feeling motivated? If you’re ready to sell and capitalize on today’s market, partner with a local real estate professional.
The post Numbers Don’t Lie – It’s Still a Great Time To Sell [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
With the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate from Freddie Mac climbing above 3%, rising rates are one of the topics dominating the discussion in the housing market today.
The post Two Graphs That Show Why You Shouldn’t Be Upset About 3% Mortgage Rates appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The purpose of Veterans Affairs (VA) home loans is to provide a pathway to homeownership for those who have sacrificed so much by serving our nation.
The post VA Loans: Helping Veterans Achieve Their Homeownership Dreams appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Sellers have a great opportunity this season as buyer demand still heavily outweighs the current supply of homes for sale.
The post Sellers: Your House Could Be an Oasis for Buyers Seeking More Options appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
While today’s supply of homes for sale is still low, the number of newly built homes is increasing.
The post Looking To Move? It Could Be Time To Build Your Dream Home. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
It’s impossible to research the subject of buying a home without coming across a headline declaring that the fall in home affordability is a crisis.
The post Important Distinction: Homes Are Less Affordable, Not Unaffordable appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- If you’re a homeowner, today’s rising equity is great news. On average, homeowners have gained $51,500 in equity since this time last year.
- Whether it’s funding an education, fueling your next move, or starting a business, your home equity is a great tool you can use to power your dreams.
- Ready to sell? Reach out to a local real estate professional to talk about how you can take advantage of your rising equity to reach your goals.
- Today’s strong sellers’ market is the direct result of high demand and low supply.
- Low mortgage rates and generational trends have created an increased demand for homes. Meanwhile, the slower pace of new home construction and homeowners staying in their homes longer have both led to today’s low supply.
- If you’re thinking of selling, work with a trusted agent to understand your local area and how you can take advantage of today’s housing market.
The post What’s Causing Today’s Competitive Real Estate Market? [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
A recent survey from LendingTree.com found there are multiple reasons why Americans would choose to purchase a home instead of renting.
The post Experts Agree: Homeownership Provides a Path to Long-Term Wealth appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Today’s housing market is truly one for the record books.
The post Don’t Wait for a Lower Mortgage Rate – It Could Cost You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- In today’s sellers’ market, you’re set up to win big when you list your house.
- That’s because homes are selling fast, receiving 4.4 offers on average and often selling above the asking price. Then, when you buy your next home, you’ll also win by addressing your changing needs and taking advantage of near historic-low mortgage rates.
- If you’re ready to make a move, connect with a real estate advisor to capitalize on today’s market and find your next dream home.
When you hear the phrase home price appreciation, what does it mean to you?
The post A Look at Home Price Appreciation and What It Means for Sellers appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
One of the major questions real estate experts are asking today is whether prospective homebuyers still believe purchasing a home makes sense.
The post Real Estate: It’s Still a Lack of Supply, Not a Lack of Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re thinking of buying a home, there really is no time like the present.
The post Home Builders Ramp Up Construction Based on Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Our homes are so much more than the houses we live in.
The post 6 Reasons to Celebrate National Homeownership Month appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Are you clamoring for extra rooms or a more functional floorplan in your house?
The post Dreaming of a Bigger Home? Why Not Buy It This Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- June is National Homeownership Month, and it’s a great time to consider the benefits of owning your own home.
- If you’re thinking of buying a home, it might just help you find the stability, community, and comfort you’ve been searching for over the past year.
- Reach out to a local real estate professional today to determine if homeownership is the right next step for you.
- If you’re thinking that waiting a year or two to purchase a home might mean you’ll save some money, think again.
- Mortgage interest rates are currently very low, but experts across the board are forecasting increases in both home prices and interest rates.
- 8Buying a home now means you’ll spend less in the long run. Contact a local real estate professional to put your plans in motion before home prices and mortgage rates climb even higher.
Homeownership is a foundational part of the American Dream.
The post Americans Find the Nonfinancial Benefits of Homeownership Most Valuable appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
So far this year, mortgage rates continue to hover around 3%, encouraging many hopeful homebuyers to enter the housing market.
The post Are Interest Rates Expected to Rise Over the Next Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Many people are sitting on the fence trying to decide if now’s the time to buy a home.
The post Why Waiting to Buy a Home Could Cost You a Small Fortune appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Today, some are afraid the real estate market is starting to look a lot like it did in 2006, just prior to the housing crash.
The post There’s No Reason To Panic Over Today’s Lending Standards appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re planning to buy a home this year, saving for a down payment is one of the most important steps in the process.
The post Your Tax Refund and Stimulus Savings May Help You Achieve Homeownership This Year appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
In a sellers’ market, some homeowners might be tempted to try to sell their house on their own (known as For Sale By Owner, or FSBO) instead of working with a trusted real estate professional.
The post Don’t Sell on Your Own Just Because It’s a Sellers’ Market appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Last Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a very encouraging jobs report.
The post Latest Jobs Report: What Does It Mean for You & the Housing Market? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Selling a home in winter is often a slow process. Since many home buyers traditionally hunker down as the temperature drops, particularly during the holidays, home sellers with real estate on the market typically see fewer buyers and lower offers. That’s your typical winter, but this winter is shaping up to be a whole different reality, even…
Home trends come and go, but social distancing and staying at home have ushered in a new way of life—and some of those changes have spurred home trends that are likely to stick around well past the COVID-19 era. “The idea of what is necessary is changing,” says Camille Thomas, a real estate matchmaker and lifestyle expert in…
Why Working from Home May Spark Your Next Move If you’ve been working from home this year, chances are you’ve been at it a little longer than you initially expected. Businesses all over the country have figured out how to operate remotely to keep their employees healthy, safe, and productive. For many, it may be carrying into…
Homeownership is on the goal list for many young adults, but sometimes it’s hard to know exactly how to get there. From understanding the homebuying process to pre-approval and down payment assistance options, uncertainty along the way can ultimately hold some buyers back. Today, there are over 75 million Millennials and 67 million Gen Z’ers in the…
In a year when we’re learning to do so much remotely, homebuying is no exception. From going to work to attending school, grocery shopping, and even seeing our doctors online, digital practices have changed the way we live. This year, rather than delaying their home purchases, buyers – alongside their trusted real estate professionals –…
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, yet finding the perfect holiday gifts for friends and family is certainly still top of mind for many right now. This year, there’s another type of buyer that’s very active this holiday season – the homebuyer. Each month, ShowingTime releases their Showing Index which tracks the average number of appointments received on…
Experts project an optimistic year for the 2021 housing market. With mortgage rates forecasted to remain low, high buyer demand is expected to fuel more home sales and continue to increase home prices. Let’s connect today to determine how to make your best move in the new year.
Sam Khater spends his day ensuring that Freddie Mac’s economics and research team delivers valuable insights and analysis on economic trends and policy issues affecting Freddie Mac and the housing market. With over 20 years’ experience in housing and economics, Khater brings extensive housing finance research and expertise to his role to Freddie Mac, which…
When you’re house hunting, the allure of new construction is undeniable. You get to be the first to live in the pristine home—one untouched by grimy hands or muddy shoes. It’s full of brand-new appliances and the finishes and treatments that you picked to fit your aesthetic. And you won’t have to worry about making any cosmetic…
With questionable headlines in the mass media and many recent price reductions in our area, we would like to share with you seven reasons why you can feel confident in today’s market: Prices are slowly increasing. Year-over-year prices in March 2018 were at a 17.6% increase, while September 2018 saw an increase of 11.3% over…